- No late fees! Hoopla items are automatically returned for you when they're due, so you never have to remember to give them back.
- Unlike our other digital ebooks and audiobooks, we have unlimited quantities of Hoopla items! That means that all of the videos, songs and ebooks that you see on Hoopla are available all the time. You don't have to put anything on hold or wait for someone to finish something you're interested in.
- You can use Hoopla on a computer with an internet connection, and there's also an app for use on devices that run iOS or Android systems. It's a streaming service, so you just click on what you want to watch or listen to and it starts playing!
Interested? Here's how to get started:
- Direct your browser to www.hoopladigital.com and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and agree to Hoopla's terms and conditions.
- Enter your information to start a Hoopla account. When you get to "Your local public library," select "Watertown Free Public Library." (Note: you can leave the "Library card PIN/password" field blank.) Click "Register." Now you've got an account, and it may automatically sign you in.
- If you are not automatically signed in, click "Sign In" at the top right and enter the email address and password you just created.
- That's it! You can click "Browse" near the top look through available titles, or you can use the "Search" box in the middle to find something specific.
Want to try it on your Android or iOS device?
- Download the "Hoopla Digital" app. It's free!
- If you've already done the above steps on a computer, click "Sign In" at the top right.
- If you haven't started an account yet, click "Sign Up" at the top left.
- Agree to Hoopla's terms and conditions.
- Select "Watertown Free Public Library" on the "Find Your Library" screen.
- Enter your library card number in the "library card" field. You can leave the "pin" field blank.
- Enter your email address and a password. You'll use these two pieces of info to sign in.
- Once you're signed in for the first time on the app, you'll see a brief tutorial about how to use Hoopla. Start browsing and borrowing!
Give it a try! And next time you stop in to the Children's Department, let us know what you think!